Wednesday, April 29, 2015

World cruise 48


April 28

Sorry I don't seem to have any photos to share as we cross the Atlantic. I suppose I could take a picture of our room strewn about with piles of stuff and suitcases, but that's rather depressing and unattractive.

The good news is that, for today, we have sunshine and pretty calm seas. So I guess I'll try to get some packing done today since the Captain is predicting rain tomorrow.

We had a lovely dinner last night at Canaletto (the Italian restaurant on board) with friends Judith and Carol. The food there is fantastic, but far too large portions. The chef had made lasagna specially for us (yum), but I could only eat half of my portion.

Then this afternoon we went to a lovely brunch for people who are returning passengers, i.e. members of Holland America's "Mariner Society." There was a lot of talk about the plate they gave us which had the correct date for this cruise but showed the itinerary for last year's cruise. No big deal as far as I am concerned, but a lot of people are quite upset. When we got back to our cabin, there was a letter apologizing for the incorrect plate and saying that the Royal Goedewaggen factory in the Netherlands will make new, corrected plates and ship them to everybody's home address within the month. Amazing what some people will get all worked up about!

April 29

Gack, I hate packing to go home! Every semi-flat surface is covered over in suitcases and piles of stuff! And it's a good thing that they gave us another suitcase as we're each going to need it! It has definitely interrupted the routine for sea days that we've had for a whole third of a year! Pfui!

So this is the end of our World Cruise blog. Unless, of course, Margaret chooses to write up some of her later adventures, in which case I will add them hhere at the end of my tale. Hope you've enjoyed our trip. Bye.

2 comments:

Nancy Heller said...

Have enjoyed it all! Wishing you a pleasant and safe journey home.

Unknown said...

Indeed, all of us reading the blog enjoyed living vicariously through words and images. Thanks much for sharing the experience. I am looking forward to hearing all about it from MM when she returns to SW Virginia.

Dave Beagle
Blacksburg, VA