Monday, November 4, 2013

November 3, 2013

Sunday, November 3

Today we are at our last stop, Cozumel, Mexico. I have been here before, but a really long time ago. The city has grown tremendously. There is a new port area for the big ships a couple of miles away from the center of town with a wide variety of shops selling stuff to the touristas. Since I've put more Mexican souvenirs into yard sales over the years than most people ever see in their lives, there's not much that I would spend money on here. The weather is at best cloudy, and at worst rainy. I'll see how the day progresses and maybe go in after lunch.

By the way, the expensive hair style didn't quite survive being slept on overnight. The front is okay, but the rest looks like the open back hatch of my Subaru Forester. I'll have to work on that later and meanwhile sit outside for a while and let the humidity take the blame for it.

Later: the weather was at its worst for most of the day, and almost everyone who made the rather long hike to the landward end of the pier got soaked to the skin including Mark. Guess what ... I stayed aboard and nice and dry. Just after we sailed the clouds parted for a moment and two weak rays of sun were spotted.

After we sailed from Cozumel, we had a rather bouncy ride for the rest of the evening. Even I felt a tad queasy at first, mostly, I think, because the ocean this trip has been smooth as glass the whole way until now. The right pills, taken early will fix that and did. 

No comments: