Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 2, 2013

Saturday, November 2

Anchored just off Grand Cayman today with tender service to shore. Neither Mark nor I went ashore although all our table-mates did. Helen and Don took a local tour out to Hell and to some of the island's other sights. Leah and Rob went to 7-mile Beach. I happened to see the latter pair as their tender got back to the ship, and judging from 3 decks above them, Rob should be glowing pink at dinner, but hopefully not actually burned. (Later: both Rob and Leah were pretty pink, but should be okay if they're careful tomorrow in Cozumel.)

The bird is gone from our balcony. I figure either it died and fell overboard during the night, or it emigrated to Grand Cayman after we anchored this morning. Either way, at least we have the exclusive use of our balcony back.

We had a big breakfast in the dining room then sat in the shade on Lido Deck all morning. Right after lunch I went and got a very expensive haircut and styling. I hope the cut will work for me after the style is either slept or washed away. After that, I hunted Mark down on Promenade Deck where we sat and watched the various kinds of boat traffic in the harbor and one rainstorm that rained only in one limited area of the island but went on for over an hour and was still going strong when I went back inside.

Quiet evening and early to bed ... partially because I'm sort of planning to go ashore to look at the shops at the pier area tomorrow, and partially because of the time zone change.

No comments: