Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14


June 14, at sea. This is the last day of cruise #3. The good news is that I don't have much packing to do because I didn't unpack much this week. So far there is no bad news ... at least not in my immediate world. I can hardly speak for that mess beyond the horizon. 

Last evening on telly, I watched Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, christen the Royal Princess. Both the Duchess and the ship looked very fine. It's amazing how popular animal prints are over here, especially the spotted ones, although I'm just old-fashioned enough to think that might not have been the most flattering choice for her short, flippy dress at this late stage of pregnancy. Yet she carried it off better than many non-pregnant females aboard this ship. 

They mentioned that the previous Royal Princess had been christened 30 years ago by Princess Diana. That brought back fond, if chilly, memories of the time my mother and I sailed in her from Montreal to New York. Mother wanted to do a "fall leaf color" cruise, I think it was in the mid-90s. There were several excursions, particularly one at Bar Harbor, ME, where I have never, before or since, been so cold. Of course, by the time we got home to Virginia, our own trees were turning the exact same colors we had spent so much money to go see up north! Sill, that Royal Princess was a lovely ship, and one of the earliest ones I ever saw to have any kind of "interactive tv system" in the cabins. 

Had a nice, quiet time up in the Metropolis lounge again. It's as high as you can get at the aft end of the ship. It's Deck 18, so you have an excellent view of where we've been. On the other hand, I rather prefer the view at the front of where we're going. On this ship, my wheels won't go there. Ah well. Time to get something to eat then go back and chuck the suitcase out into the hallway.

No comments: