Monday, May 13, 2013

May 11/12


I suppose I should apologize to whoever reads this that I didn't do any sightseeing or picture taking in Barcelona, but that's just how things worked out. For some reason, the trip over wiped me out more than usual. Then the Hotel Colon was such a comfortable cocoon, and there wasn't anyone to push me to go out...

In the late morning of Saturday, May 11, 5 of us, Chris, George, Sukey, Joan and I, taxied from the hotel to the pier. The check-in area was crowded, but with me in a wheelchair and Chris, who has a high priority level with NCL, we got in a short line and were soon on board the NCL Spirit. It's a cruise ship, so of course the first thing we did was go eat. 

By the time I got to my cabin after lunch, my luggage was waiting, so I got unpacked. About 15 minutes before the mandatory emergency drill, my cabin-mate, Debra, turned up. After the drill, a number of our group met in one of the lounges before heading to eat again. There are something like 32 in our group and evidently the group leader has made a dinner reservation for all of us at 5:30 every evening. I suppose I'll adjust to that. At least we can switch around amongst our group of tables.

Today, May 12, we are at Toulon, France. Well...more accurately we are docked across the bay from Toulon. I did not have a tour scheduled for here, so slept in very late then wandered around the ship some, but still don't have my full bearings yet. I did discover one " bar" that has a selection of fabulous flavors of pound cake and luscious hot chocolate. Yum.

Many of our group who toured today were somewhat disappointed in large portions of their tours, and all commented on the amount of walking and/or steps involved. We had another early and nice dinner and spent the evening in conversation.

(Apologies for the delay in posting...having trouble getting photos uploaded because I brought the wrong cable that connects the camera to the iPad.)

1 comment:

Va said...

So, Ms P - technical challenges already but I'm know confident your talent for tale telling will be photographically augmented shortly! If not, I grew up with words, Luddite that I am, and will enjoy the trip.