Thursday, September 9, 2010

Eastern Med and Black Sea


Thursday, September 9, 2010

Two weeks from tomorrow I’ll leave to board Holland America’s ms Prinsendam setting sail for 28 days in the Eastern Mediterranean and Black Sea. On this trip I expect to check a whole bunch of sights off my (always long) list of places I want to see. Meanwhile, the cat will be staying with my friends in Richmond and learning that she’s not the only animal in the universe/house (thanks, y’all).

Here is the itinerary for the trip, along with a little map with the spiderweb of our route on it. (I cribbed this map from the Holland America website...thanks, HAL).

Fri., 24 Sept. Fly to Rome
Sat., 25 Sept. Rome, Italy
Sun., 26 Sept. Board ms Prinsendam
Mon. 27 Sept. Sea Day
Tues., 28 Sept. Katakolon, Greece
Wed., 29 Sept. Sea Day
Thurs., 30 Sept. Larnaca, Cyprus
Fri., 01 Oct. Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt
Sat., 02 Oct. Port Said, Egypt
Sun., 03 Oct. Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel
Mon. 04 Oct. Haifa, Israel
Tues., 05 Oct. Sea Day
Wed., 06 Oct. Bodrum, Turkey
Thurs., 07 Oct. Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Fri., 08 Oct. Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Sat., 09 Oct. Thira (Santorini), Greece
Sun., 10 Oct. Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Mon. 11 Oct. Istanbul, Turkey
Tues., 12 Oct. Istanbul, Turkey
Wed., 13 Oct. Sea Day
Thurs., 14 Oct. Sochi, Russia
Fri., 15 Oct. Batumi, Georgia
Sat., 16 Oct. Trabzon, Turkey
Sun., 17 Oct. Sinop, Turkey
Mon. 18 Oct. Sevastopol, Ukraine
Tues., 19 Oct. Sea Day
Wed., 20 Oct. Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Thurs., 21 Oct. Mykonos, Greece
Fri., 22 Oct. Monemvasia, Greece
Sat., 23 Oct. Sea Day
Sun., 24 Oct. Debark Ship Rome, Italy
Mon.. 25 Oct. Fly to Washington, DC
Tues., 26 Oct. Fly to Houston, TX
Mon., 01 Nov. 1 Fly home

That jaunt to Houston at the end is to attend my 50th high school reunion as well as to visit other friends there. I haven’t done the reunion “thing” before, and I figure that if I’m ever going to do it, the 50th is probably a good one.

As on the previous trips on this blog, I probably won’t get a new post up every day, but should be able to do so every couple of days. I also won’t subject you to tons of photos...at least not here, and probably not anywhere until I get home and get them edited down to a reasonable number.

No comments: