Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday, May 13

Well, I suppose I need to finish off this cruise log although there’s not much more to tell. On Saturday, May 9 we were back at St. Thomas again. I still didn’t need anything ashore, so stayed on board for a last lazy day and in the evening got packed up. I wound up with less than $30 to claim on my customs form, and most of that was sun screen, toothpaste and a ship’s souvenir lanyard.

Sunday, May 10 we arrived back at San Juan, got off the ship and went home. Princess has got disembarkation down to a real science. There’s almost a background noise that sounds like flushing as the passengers are hustled through an early breakfast, down the gangway, past immigration, through the sea of luggage, past customs, and out of the building to buses or taxis. Thus I was at the San Juan airport well before 10:00 a.m. to wait for my flight scheduled to leave at 2:40 p.m. Fortunately, both my flights were on time, although I had another long wait in Charlotte, NC. I finally got home about 10:00 p.m.

As of today, I am still catching up on mail and things, and will eventually get around to unpacking.

No comments: