Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday, May 6

Wow! That was a two and a half hour Dinner last night. The service was good and the company was fine, but the food was outstanding! One of the best filets I’ve had in eons, cooked to perfection and topped with a garlic butter almost as dangerous as my own recipe. As there were 6 of us, they simply brought serving dishes of all the side items, all of which were great. And dessert...double wow!! I had a chocolate thing that had a name so long I can’t remember it...but I do remember that it contained the words “molten,” “fudge” and “obsession.” It was sort of like a double chocolate souffle with a double helping of double chocolate sauce...all nice and warm, with a serving of the most chocolate ice cream I’ve ever tasted on the side. I couldn’t even LOOK at the pillow chocolates when I got back to my cabin!

Bonaire. We are only here for the morning so there’s not a lot that can be accomplished. In fact, when I went out on deck to see what was what, I saw an attractive town with a long, hot way to walk to get anywhere. I immediately contracted a bad case of lazy and spent the rest of the time in port watching the comings and goings from a deck chair. I had lunch with Mark and his cousin, Pat, and they confirmed that it was a hot walk to get to the shopping area of town, even though it was, in reality, only a few blocks from the dock. So I’ll just have to come back sometime to check Bonaire off my list of visited islands.

The ship is now boogeying off toward Grenada at rather a good clip. The skies are clear and the seas are pretty calm, but there’s enough stabilizer action aat this pace to produce a bit of hula motion at the rear of the ship. Actually, this is about the first time during this trip that the ship has had any motion at all. Most of the time you could hardly tell you were on a ship.

No comments: