Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 29

Tuesday, October 28

Docked at Grand Turk this morning, cheek by jowl with the Niew Amsterdam, and a long hike to the shore end of the pier. Since we were only here from 7:00 a.m. To 12:00 noon,  I gave it a miss. After breakfast in the cabin, I spent the morning in the shade up on Lido deck crocheting ... well, some of that along with plenty of people watching, just looking at sun sparkles on the water, all with an attention span of ... "Look! Squirrel!" We did get lunch there on deck before the rush of returning passengers. In the afternoon, I did pretty much the same as in the morning except on our own balcony. I think Mark was coing the same in a deck chair on Promenade deck. I do know he complained that, for the first time he hadn't read a whole book today. (Did I ever mention that at least half of one suitcase he brings is all books?) 

The weather was quite warm and humid today, but then that's what we paid the big bucks to come experience. There are quite a few folks aboard who are experiencing sunburn as a result. Later, just before dinner we saw a bright rainbow that only went from one cloud to another. After dinner, Rob reported seeing a ferocious lightning storm off to starboard.

We have such a good table at dinner this cruise! We're just about the last ones out every evening. Tonight we all adjourned to the Wheelhouse bar after dinner to keep the party going. I finally gave up and returned to the cabin leaving the others still sopping up wine and swapping stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mark needs to become acquainted with ebooks. I always load up when I travel. So much easier.

Rosemary