Monday, June 25, 2012

North Sea, June 25

Last day. I'll have to start packing soon. The sea is pretty calm...at least for the North Sea. No whitecaps, but some swells coming from starboard. The ship begins to roll, then the stabilizers kick in and she comes back. It's not all that much, but the multi-directional nature sometimes makes walking in a straight line a bit difficult. Fortunately, in our stateroom there is usually something nearby to grab for stability if necessary.

it's been a really good trip. Our weather magic held pretty well for the whole month. We saw lots of interesting places. We met lots of interesting people and enjoyed good times with our table mates at dinners. I will, as always, miss being on board, but I am sort of looking forward to getting home again. I'll be back on another cruise again in a couple of months...Alaska on the Zaandam in early August. Until then... (sorry, I've got to say it like our cruise director) toodle-oo for now.

No comments: